Registration for the 2019 exchange is closed. Stay tuned for 2020.
Exchange eligible shares and obtain a Québec tax credit worth 10% of the value of the exchanged shares
- Opt to exchange up to $15,000 worth of shares held for at least 7 years
- New required 7-year holding period
- No new investment required and no fiscal impact when making the exchange
You can exchange eligible shares and subscribe for new shares, too!
Exchanging of shares is not considered redemption, so you don’t lose your right to the tax credit when you subscribe for new shares.
Enjoy a tax credit of up to $2,550:
- $1,500 for exchanging shares valued at $15,000
- $1,050 for purchasing $3,000 worth of new shares
Are you eligible for this option?
To qualify for this offer and enjoy the tax credit, you must:
- Be a shareholder of CRCD
- Hold shares eligible for redemption; shares you have held for at least 7 years
- Not have redeemed CRCD shares in the past
- Be willing to hold your exchanged shares for an additional 7-year period
- Have received your unique transaction code by regular mail
CRCD is authorized to exchange shares worth $100 million annually for 2018, 2019 and 2020. Eligible shareholders must make an exchange request within the prescribed time limit using the online form or paper form received by mail
Desjardins will automatically record the exchanges of the shareholders selected.
Random selection process
If demand for exchanges exceeds the authorized $100 million, a random selection will be held among all shareholders who expressed interest. They will be notified whether they are selected or not.
- Available to existing CRCD shareholders who have held shares for at least 7 years and have never redeemed any
- Seven-year minimum holding period for the exchanged shares
- Minimum annual exchange of $500 up to a maximum of $15,000 of the value of the exchanged shares at the time of acceptance by CRCD
- Non-refundable Québec tax credit of 10% of the value of the exchanged shares
- Tax credit may be transferred between spouses, but not carried forward from year to year
- Not eligible for TFSAs, RRSPs, or RRIFs, or any other registered plan
- Return not guaranteed
CRCD shares are not guaranteed, their value fluctuates and their past performance is not indicative of their future returns. Investment fees may apply. Please read the prospectus before requesting an exchange.