The registration period for the 2021 exchange has ended.
A distribution of shares in proportion to the total demand was made among all the investors who indicated their interest. A pro rata of 36.33% will thus be applied to all requests received.
Exchange eligible shares and obtain a Québec tax credit worth 10% of the value of the exchanged shares
- Potential exchange of up to $15,000 worth of shares held for at least 7 years
- New required 7-year holding period
- No new investment required and no fiscal impact when making the exchange
Allocation of shares prorated to demand
Demand for Exchange shares has exceeded the authorized limit of $50 million, the shares were allocated on a pro rata basis among all investors who have expressed interest. Thus, a pro rata of 36.33% is applied to all requests received by eligible shareholders.
Are you eligible for this option?
To qualify for this offer and enjoy the tax credit, you must:
- Be a shareholder of CRCD
- Hold shares eligible for redemption; shares you have held for at least 7 years
- Not have redeemed CRCD shares in the past
- Be willing to hold your exchanged shares for an additional 7-year period
- Have received your unique transaction code by regular mail
You can exchange eligible shares and subscribe for new shares, too!
Exchanging of shares is not considered redemption, so you don’t lose your right to the tax credit when you subscribe for new shares.
Enjoy a tax credit up to $2,400:
• $1,500 for exchanging shares valued at $15,000
• $900 for purchasing $3,000 worth of new shares
CRCD is authorized to exchange shares worth $50 million annually for 2021 and 2022.
Using the unique code that they will receive by mail in the week of November 29, 2021, eligible shareholders who wished to take advantage of the exchange must complete the form that will be available on this page, in AccèsD or on the Desjardins website between November 29, 2021 (9 a.m.) and January 7, 2022 (5 p.m.).
Desjardins will automatically record the exchanges of the selected shareholders.
- Available to existing CRCD shareholders who have held shares for at least 7 years and have never redeemed any
- Seven-year minimum holding period for the exchanged shares
- The minimum value to request the exchange is $500. The maximum authorised exchange value is $ 15,000. The shares will be allocated on a pro rata basis among all investors who have expressed interest.
- Non-refundable Québec tax credit of 10% of the value of the exchanged shares
- Tax credit may be transferred between spouses, but not carried forward from year to year
- Not eligible for TFSAs, RRSPs, or RRIFs, or any other registered plan
- Return not guaranteed
CRCD shares are not guaranteed, their value fluctuates and their past performance is not indicative of their future returns. Investment fees may apply. Please read the prospectus before requesting an exchange.