Exchanging your shares
The 2022 exchange has ended.
In accordance with the distribution process, shares have been allocated in proportion to the total demand among all investors who indicated their interest. This year, the prorated basis represents 33.37% of the amounts requested.
Exchange eligible shares and get a 10 % Quebec tax credit on the value of the shares exchanged.
- Potential exchange of up to $15,000 for shares held for at least 7 years
- New 7-year holding period required
- No new investment required and no tax impact upon the exchange
You can exchange eligible shares and subscribe to new ones, too!
Exchanging of shares isn't considered a redemption, so your tax credit isn't affected when you subscribe to new shares.
Enjoy a tax credit of up to $2,400:
• $1,500 for exchanging shares valued at $15,000
• $900 for purchasing $3,000 worth of new shares
If demand to exchange shares exceeds the $50 million limit, all registered investors will be able to exchange shares on a prorated basis according to the total amount. Investors will be informed of the amount allocated to them to exchange shares.
If the demand is equal or less than $50 million, all applicants who have completed the registration form will have their exchange request accepted.
Desjardins will automatically record the exchanges made by the selected shareholders.
Are you eligible for this option?
To qualify for this offer and enjoy the tax credit, you must:
- Be a CRCD shareholder
- Hold shares that are eligible for redemption, i.e., shares you have held for at least 7 years
- Have never redeemed CRCD shares
- Be willing to hold your exchanged shares for an additional 7-year period
- Have received your personal transaction code by regular mail
- Available to existing CRCD shareholders who have held shares for at least 7 years and have never redeemed any
- Minimum holding period of 7 years ont the shares exchanged
- The minimum value to request the exchange is $500, up to a maximum of $15,000. The exchange amount granted to shareholders is determined according to the total demand for share exchanges.
- Non-refundable Québec tax credit of 10% of the value of exchanged shares
- Tax credit may be transferred between spouses, but cannot be carried forward from year to year
- Not eligible for TFSAs, RRSPs, or RRIFs, or any other registered plan
- Return not guaranteed
CRCD shares are not guaranteed, their value fluctuates and their past performance is not indicative of their future returns. Investment fees may apply. Please read the prospectus before requesting an exchange.