Annual General Meeting
* Important Change *
Online webcast only
The meeting is now adjourned.
CRCD will hold its meeting via online webcast only
19th Annual General Meeting
Important change - Online webcast only
March 27, 2020 - 1:45 p.m.
To promote the health and safety of CRCD shareholders in these exceptional circumstances, the Annual General Meeting, initially scheduled for the Québec City Convention Centre, will take place via online webcast only (French only).
Although the meeting does not begin until 1:45 p.m. on March 27, you will be able to connect to the webcast starting at 12:45 p.m. At that time, you will have to choose between:
"J'ai un accès"
Select this option if you are a CRCD shareholder and have your control number which can be found at the bottom of your proxy form received by mail with the notice of meeting. Only people with such access will be able to vote at the meeting.
"Je suis invité"
Select this option if you have already voted by proxy or if you are not a CRCD shareholder.
Anyone may ask questions at the end of the meeting during the question period.
Election of two directors*
At the CRCD Annual General Meeting on March 27, 2020, shareholders have to elect two directors for a term of one year, or until such time as their successors are elected or appointed.
Nominations must have been received by CRCD no later than 3:00 p.m. on Friday, November 15, 2019.
Since there are more than two nominees for election, a secret ballot will be held. Incumbents are eligible for re-election each year.
Brief nominnee profiles are included in the notice of meeting for the Annual General Meeting. You can view the complet profile here.
Election results are announced at the Meeting and will be published on the website as of March 30, 2020.
Nominees for positions on the Board of Directors must:
- Be a shareholder of CRCD
- Be 18 or over
- Not be under tutorship or curatorship
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt
- Not be prohibited by a competent authority from acting as a director or found unfit by a competent authority
- Not have been found guilty of offences or criminal acts of fraud or dishonesty
- Not be or have been an employee or director of an entity or fund that is a competitor of CRCD, within the last three years
In fulfilling their duties, directors are personally responsible for acting with prudence, diligence, honesty and loyalty, within the limits of their powers, in the best interests of CRCD.
In connection with this role, CRCD seeks the following personal qualities in its directors:
- Analytical skills
- Independent thinking
- Political and strategic skills
- Community outreach
- Ethical and professional behaviour
- Understanding of and commitment to CRCD’s mission and vision
- Team spirit
Directors must comply with the regulations applicable to them, in particular the provisions of the Civil Code of Québec, the Act constituting Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins, the Business Corporations Act and the Securities Act, as well as the policies and guidelines implemented by CRCD.
Directors must have the capacity to help CRCD achieve its strategic priorities through their commitment, through their investment of time and their strategic insight and by promoting the economic development of their region, in particular as ambassadors in their business community and their region.
The group profile describes the skills and expertise sought, individually or collectively, for directors of CRCD, as well as the desired representativeness and diversity within the Board of Directors.
Skills related to the administration of CRCD’s business
- Understanding of regional economic development issues, particularly in resource regions
- Knowledge of development capital
- Knowledge of venture capital
- Knowledge of business financing
- Knowledge of capital markets
- Knowledge of portfolio management or strategies
- Knowledge of accounting and finance
- Knowledge of risk management
- Expertise in business valuation
- Expertise in strategic planning
- Expertise in governance, ethics and professional conduct
- Expertise in law or compliance
- Expertise in marketing and communications
- Experience in entrepreneurship
- Knowledge of Desjardins Group
- Knowledge of the cooperative movement
- Experience on a board of directors
Expertise accredited by a professional title or governance training
- Accounting designation in good standing
- Chartered Business Valuator designation
- C.Dir (College of Corporate Directors) or ICD.D (Institute of Corporate Directors) designation
Representation and diversity
- Majority of independent directors
- Gender diversity
- Age diversity
- Diversity of regional representation
CRCD is a development capital investment fund that issues securities by way of a prospectus and is therefore subject to the Securities Act and certain of its regulations.
In accordance with the Act constituting Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins and CRCD’s Bylaws, the Board of Directors has the general authority to manage the affairs of CRCD. Given that its status implies, among other things, a rigorous compliance and risk management system and public disclosure requirements, shareholders are invited to consult its prospectus and annual information form.
The main duties of the Board of Directors include:
- Ensuring compliance with CRCD‘s mission, constituting act and any regulation which may be applicable to it
- Approving broad strategic directions, action plans, CRCD’s policies and the integrated risk management strategy
- Ensuring that risks with a significant impact on CRCD are managed by the various committees and that corrective measures are monitored when a risk exceeds its tolerance limit
- Ensuring the quality of the financial reporting and controls in place
- Adopting a Code of Professional Conduct, policies and effective, efficient and transparent governance practices
- Ensuring its decisions are carried out and reporting on its performance to shareholders
- Assessing CRCD’s performance on a regular basis
- Approving investment recommendations under it's responsibility in accordance with the decision-making process in effect and ensure follow-up on them
- Ensuring that CRCD’s manager manages and operates in compliance with CRCD’s mission, strategic plan and values, including the directions and targets defined by them, and in keeping with the policies approved by the Board of Directors
* The number of directors to be elected by the shareholders could increase if amendments to the Act constituting Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins were enacted.