The pre-subscription period has ended.
Selected investors have until October 30, 2023 at 5 p.m. to subscribe.
2023 share issue
CRCD will issue nearly $60 million in shares, allowing you to qualify for a 30% provincial tax credit.
If you invest the maximum amount of $3,000, you'll receive $900 in tax savings while promoting economic growth in your community.
As demand has exceeded the authorized amount this year, a random selection took place on September 25. Investors will be notified of each round result by email or mail.
If you're selected as an investor, you have until October 30, 2023 at 5 p.m. to subscribe.
The pre-subscription period allows you to express your interest in acquiring CRCD shares. It lasts 3 weeks and usually takes place in September.
During the pre-subscription phase, interested investors had to fill out the application using the secure form on this page or via the, Desjardins website.
If demand for shares exceeds the allowed amount, a random selection process will be use among people who have completed the pre-subscription form.
If demand for shares is less than the allowed amount, all investors who have complete the form will be able to buy shares.
Subscription (selected investors only)
All selected investors, whether or not they are already CRCD shareholders, will be able to subscribe directly online via AccèsD, without having to make an appointment at a caisse.
Investors who do not use AccèsD or wish to obtain financial advice or support should contact a Desjardins caisse to make an appointment with an advisor.
If you are one of the selected investors, you will be able to purchase shares between September 26, 9 a.m. and October 30, 5 p.m.
- Available to all Quebec taxpayers (deemed residents of Quebec as at December 31 for tax purposes) over 18 years of age, whether Desjardins members or not
- Minimum annual purchase of $500 (and in units of $100 after that) up to a maximum of $3,000
- Non-refundable Quebec tax credit of 30% of the amount invested
- Tax credit may be transferred between spouses, but cannot be carried forward to a subsequent tax year
- Minimum holding period of 7 years
- Investment is independent of workers’ funds (which means investors can subscribe for shares in a workers’ fund as well as shares of CRCD)
- Not eligible for TFSAs, RRSPs, RRIFs or any other registered plan
- Return not guaranteed, possibility of capital gains or losses at redemption
- On redemption, loss of tax credit on any new subscription
- Administrative charges of $50 (taxes included) required when opening and closing an account
Reasons to invest
- You have a high taxable income.
- You've maxed out your RRSP contributions.
- You're looking for ways to reduce your tax bill.
- You want to diversify your portfolio.
- You want an attractive tax credit and long-term return potential.
- You want to contribute to the growth and sustainability of Quebec companies and cooperatives.
CRCD shares are not guaranteed, their value fluctuates and their past performance is not indicative of their future returns. Investment fees may apply. Please read the prospectus before investing.
To make sure you don't miss the next pre-subscription period, sign up for an email notification today.